A few observations while walking the streets of Paris
1. Woollen coats are in. A lot of textured fabrics.
2. Motorcycle boots or ankle boots are everywhere. I mean everywhere. And they look amazing with skinny jeans.
3. Leather jackets – every second woman seemed to wearing a leather jacket. Such a chic combination with a dress or trousers.
4. Long, natural hair is in. I saw very little in the way of pink dye, or indeed any other dyeing.
5. The bored sexy look is mastered right here in Paris
6. Quilting. Men and women wear lots of quilted jackets. Love them!
7. Layering - Paris women are experts at layering
8. Scent. Beautiful fragrances were to be smelt everywhere. On every person, in every shop. The French love for perfumery goes back generations.
9. Few tattoos. There seemed to be an absence of tattoos among people. A few every so often, but in general, not as prevalent as in NZ.
10. Not much black, but when it’s black it’s the sort that traps light! Givenchy and Yohji Yamamoto specifically.
And yes, women, and men are very thin indeed. Whether that’s about smoking, or diet, or self control, or the fact that a lot of people seem to cycle everywhere, I don’t know. It could be a mix of all of them.